Founding of PCEA Kerarapon Church
PCEA Kerarapon Church was founded by Benjamin Githieya together with Elders Paul Likimani, Petero Odupoi, Meshack Naitore, and Samuel Leteipan. It later became the mother church of PCEA mission work in Maasai land.

Our history
Every generation has added a line to this testimony: homes opened for prayer, hands joined in service, and a congregation learning to walk together in Christ.
From fellowship to family
PCEA Enoomatasiani Church is one Station of the Presbyterian Church of East Africa Ngong Hills Presbytery situated in Lower Matasia, Ngong Division in Kajiado County, along the Ngong–Kiserian road. It is located approximately 31 km Northwest of Nairobi City. This church is in a parish called Oloolaiser Parish comprising of four congregations namely: Enoomatasiani(Mother Church), Uppermatasia, Olkeri and Lekkuruki.
PCEA Enoomatasiani is the mother church and was established in 1953 as a mission center and its expansion has to this far gone beyond the confines of PCEA Oloolaiser Parish. From this humble beginning there came a marvelous work which has all through shaped the PCEA Ngong Hills and Kajiado Presbyteries.
Milestones
PCEA Kerarapon Church was founded by Benjamin Githieya together with Elders Paul Likimani, Petero Odupoi, Meshack Naitore, and Samuel Leteipan. It later became the mother church of PCEA mission work in Maasai land.
PCEA Oloolua Church was established by Elders Josiah Kisoso, John Mankuleiyo, Daniel Rosha, and Christopher K. Rapasi.
PCEA Olooseos Church was started through the efforts of the Mbagathi Kirk Session moderator and elders. Its progress was later disrupted during the State of Emergency.
The colonial government crackdown on suspected Mau Mau supporters forced the Olooseos community to vacate the area. The church and school were demolished, bringing mission work there to a halt.
Materials from the demolished Olooseos church and school were moved to Lower Matasia and used to establish PCEA Enoomatasiani Church as a mission centre. The church building served as a sanctuary on Sundays and as a school during weekdays.
PCEA Enoomatasiani Church and its primary school were founded to provide evangelism and education to the growing Presbyterian community in Lower Matasia.
The first children and pupils of the church school included Zipporah Thaituru, Jacob Wangora, Joyce Silanke, Gideon Malanu, Gladys Kirruti, John Kapaai, Peter Parsanga Mbogo, David Kashonga, and others.
Rev. Musa Gitau was posted to Mbagathi Kirk Session, while Rev. Christopher K. Rapasi was posted to serve Ngong Parish. Rev. Rapasi became one of the key leaders in expanding Presbyterian mission work in the region.
During the African Land Tenure process, Mr. Godfrey Sayorri helped oversee the demarcation and confirmation of the 44.4-acre church land belonging to PCEA Enoomatasiani.
Rev. Christopher Rapasi was transferred to Subukia, where he served in various churches in Marmanet and Nyeri before later being tasked with establishing the first PCEA Church in Narok.
Rev. Moses Waweru was posted to Ngong Parish and later played an important role in the development plans for a permanent sanctuary at Enoomatasiani.
Elders James Kashorda, Jason K. Mungai, and Josphat Kirruti, together with deacons, resolved to build a permanent sanctuary. The idea was later revisited under Rev. Moses Waweru’s leadership.
Following the Ominde Report and the Education Act of 1968, PCEA Enoomatasiani relinquished ownership of the school and became its sponsor.
In October 1973, the Development Committee met to revisit the proposed sanctuary project and prepare for future construction.
Rev. Christopher Rapasi returned from Narok and continued serving churches in Ngong together with Rev. Julius Nyaga. He helped expand the congregation and supported the naming and growth of churches such as Lekuruki, Ololera, and Kiserian.
Construction of the permanent sanctuary began in January 1978 after successful fundraising. Elders, deacons, and church members joined hands for the groundbreaking.
A major fundraiser was held, supported by Mr. Joseph Nyaga and Mr. John Kigunda. The congregation raised more than KShs. 150,000, helping construction progress.
On September 7, 1986, the foundation stone was laid by Rev. Moses Waweru, Moderator of the Old Ngong Hills Presbytery. Further contributions came from church groups and supporters including the Woman’s Guild, Mrs. Rachel Kinuthia, and the late Hon. Prof. George Saitoti.
Rev. Christopher Rapasi, one of the key figures in the church’s mission history and expansion, served the church and wider Maasai land mission work until his death in 1999.
Showcase
PCEA Enoomatasiani was established in Lower Matasia as a mission centre after materials from the demolished Olooseos church and school were transferred to the present site.
The foundation stone of the permanent sanctuary was laid by Rev. Moses Waweru, Moderator of the Old Ngong Hills Presbytery.
PCEA Enoomatasiani joined Oloolaiser Parish in marking 70 years of mission work since its inception in 1953.
Rev. Christopher Rapasi began his priesthood journey in 1945 and later became the first Presbyterian Maasai church minister to serve in Ngong Parish.
Photo albums
Joyous events

Commemorating 70 years!